Four Major Points for Purchasing Office Chairs Many office workers sit in chairs and work with computers all day long, which is prone to fatigue. And that in turn affects
An Overview of Office Chair Parts 1
- Board, Armrest and Tilt Mechanism
1 Wood Board of office chair
1.1 The types of seat wood board
The wood boards that are applicated in office chairs mainly include the following two types: conjoined board and split board. These 2 applications are common in office chairs.
(1) The conjoined board are also called one-piece molding board.
(2) The split board means that the seat pan and back are separated. And there are several types of split board: the hyperbolic (two curvatures), single curve (forward curve), radius (900R) and so on.
1.2 The characteristics of the board
① Molded plywood: a non-planar plywood formed by molding the glued veneer into a blank according to certain technical requirements.
② Composite plywood: a non-planar plywood made of non-wood or veneer materials as a core board, covered with veneer or other sheet materials, and glued and molded.
③ Curved surface: a surface that is smooth and continuously deviates from the horizontal plane.
Curved wood boards are formed by bonding layers of veneers with glue and then hot pressing under high temperature and high pressure. In the case of the same thickness, the thinner the veneer, the better the strength! Under normal circumstances, curved wood is formed by hot pressing of 1.3mm 9-layer wood. Solid wood is natural wood. While curved wood is relatively non-deformed and more reasonable to use.
At present, the market and customers have higher requirements. They also limit the harmful substances in wood furniture, mainly formaldehyde content (quality of glue), preservatives, heavy metals and combustion performance.
1.3 Inspection key points
① Strength requirements: Wood board strength testing machine, 3 air pressures, 147 kg, and hold for 3 to 5 seconds.
② Thickness requirement: 1.2cm.
③ Deformation, cutting and size. The conjoined panels are partitioned in order to maintain the same angle for the same group of chairs.
2 Armrests of office chair
2.1 Materials of Armrests
In terms of material, the armrests are divided into PP, PU, aluminum alloy, iron parts (electroplating, baking varnish), and wooden armrests (curved wood, solid wood).
2.2 Features of armrests that are made of different materials
(1) PP armrest: It’s made of hard plastic with impact resistance, pressure> 136kg.
(2) PU armrest: It’s made by cast molding. Its shape is determined by the mold, or extrusion molding, containing iron parts.
(3) Aluminum alloy armrest: It is made of aluminum alloy die-casting and polishing.
(4) Curved wooden armrest: Large loss, many processes, high costs, and easy to be affected by climate. But it’s beautiful and high-end, and popular in the American market.
2.3 Functions of armrests
2.4 Inspection key points
(1) Dimensions (contrast drawings)
(2) Whether the surface is intact.
(3) Whether the functions of each part are normal.
All armrests are divided into two-point type (connecting the seat back) and separate type in terms of application.
3 Tilt Mechanisms of office chair
The chair tilt mechanism is the technology and core component of the office chair. The tilt mechanism to the office chair is as the engine to the car. Many functions of office chairs rely on the tilt mechanism to achieve. The weight of the high-end office chair tilt mechanism is almost half the weight of the chair. Therefore, we also take the weight of tilt mechanism to judge the quality of the office chair.
Industry Analysis of Ergonomic Chairs In recent years, ergonomic chairs have been known, chosen and purchased by more and more people. In order to solve users’ doubts and misunderstandings about ergonomic
Development Trend of China’s Office Chair Industry Office chair is a kind of seat specially designed for office space. Its main features are comfort, health, durability, beauty and so on.
About Screw Lift Office Chair If you have read our article “The Comparison of the Office Chair Lift : Mechanical Screw, Hydraulic and Gas”, then you must know the screw