Four Major Points for Purchasing Office Chairs Many office workers sit in chairs and work with computers all day long, which is prone to fatigue. And that in turn affects
An Overview of Office Chair Parts 2
- Gas Cylinder, Base, Caster, Fabric and Foam
This is the part 2 for the overview of office chair parts. In this part, we will give a brief introduction for the gas cylinder, base, caster, fabric and foam. Now, let’s start from the gas cylinder.
4 Gas Cylinders
4.1 Main function of Gas Cylinders
The main function of the office chair gas cylinders is to adjust the height of the chair. As for the structure, they consist of two parts: inner core and outer tube.
4.2 Treatment methods and size of gas cylinders
In terms of the treatment methods, the outer tube is divided into: electroplating and baking varnish. How to inspect the size?
(1) The gas cylinder must be matched with the corresponding chair leg, generally not less than 2cm above the ground.
(2) Different outer tubes are matched with inner cores of different specifications. Classification from 1-5.
(3) The length of the outer tube is generally 175MM, 205MM, 230MM, 390MM.
(4) For the stroke, the gas cylinder usually available in 6CM, 8CM, 10CM, 12CM, 16CM, 20CM, 26CM.
(5) According to the place of production, it can be divided into: Made in China (MIC), Made in Germany (suspa), and Made in Korea (SHS).
5 Chair Bases
5.1 Materials of chair bases
According to the materials, there are 3 types of chair bases. And they respectively are: nylon, electroplating, aluminum alloy polished feet, and iron frame base (curved wood, iron tube feet) .
5.2 Shapes of chair bases
5.3. Classification in terms of size (radius, MM)
6 Chair Casters
6.1 Specification of chair casters
The chair casters have the following two specifications: fixed casters and movable casters.
Movable caster can be divided into middle plate casters (50, 60, 75), ordinary casters (50), and brake casters. And the large-diameter casters is great for heavy duty office chair.
6.2 Materials of chair casters
The chair casters can be divided into: PP chair casters, PU chair casters, electrostatic chair casters, nylon casters and so on.
The nylon casters are made of PP and glass fiber (glass fiber), which is harder than PP and will not expand and contract like PP.
The basic material of the PU casters is still nylon, with only a layer of PU on the outside. Generally people use nylon casters on soft ground (such as carpet).
PU casters for hard ground such as wooden floors. Because PU casters are less likely to damage the smooth ground. And they won’t cause a lot of friction with the wooden floor to generate a lot of noise.
7 Fabric (Hemp, Velvet, Mesh)
7.1 Main ingredients of fabric
Acrylic fiber, polypropylene fiber, tape fiber, nylon fiber, vinylon fiber, chlorinated fiber, spandex and fluorine fiber, etc.
7.2 The use of fabrics
Fabrics are the materials used to make soft sofas and seats or screens. As one of the elements of soft materials, fabrics can not only interpret the style and characteristics of clothing, but also directly influence the performance effects of their colors and shapes.
When purchasing wholesale or buying furniture, people may think about these problems:
- How to distinguish the quality of fabrics
- How to distinguish them with some simple methods, such as the weave, texture, reorganization, feel, finishing, and wearing performance of the fabric.
Note: Fabrics made of acrylic, polypropylene, and tapered are widely used in this industry.
7.3 About mesh
At present, the materials used in mesh weaving are generally polyester, nylon and other chemical fibers. They have the characteristics of high strength, light weight, high resistance, low temperature, and good moisture absorption.
7.4 Size of fabrics
Wide fabric is 2.3~2.35 meters wide. While the narrow fabric is 1.5~1.6 meters wide.
8.1 Types of leather
The leathers currently in use include: yellow leather, buffalo leather, pigskin and various colored leathers.
8.2 Classes of leather
According to the class of leather, it is divided into the first layer and the second layer.
First layer: The surface layer of the leather, which has good flexibility, good elasticity and soft and smooth feel, is called first layer.
Second layer: The second layer of leather below the epidermis is collectively called the second layer.
Remove the better epidermis of the skin tissue. Relatively speaking, the second layer skin is less flexible and elastic, and it is easy to crack. Therefore, thicker second layer skins are used to make chairs. For these reasons, the second layer leather is not suitable for flat-packed chairs. Its skin tissue has been destroyed. And its elasticity is weak and it is easy to crack when subjected to heavy pressure. Therefore, we usually use the method of sewing up the first layer leather to make the chair seat. At the same time, it is more cost-effective.
8.3. How to distinguish?
The distinguishing methods are mainly visual inspection, hand feeling and smell (experience);
(1) The difference of visual pattern: the fiber layers of the first layer skin are tightly connected together. And that has the characteristics of good strength, elasticity and process plasticity! The second layer of leather has only a loose fibrous tissue layer, and its strength is poor!
(2) Hand feeling: The first layer leather feels comfortable, soft and elastic. While the second layer leather feels harder and rougher.
(3) Odor: It can only be distinguished by experience!
9.1 Classification of foam
Foam is roughly divided into molding sponge, cut cotton and polymer cotton according to materials.
(1) Molding sponge is a high-quality and high-density sponge produced by a mold, which has a soft touch and a smooth surface.
(2) Cut cotton refers to a sponge pasted into a specific shape.
(3) The polymerized cotton is made of waste cotton, smashed with side material, and formed by pressing.
9.2 Foam density
When used in the manufacture of office chairs, generally speaking, the seat foam density of the chair is higher, and the foam density of the back is lower.
(1) Requirements for foam hardness:
The back cushion is between 30 and 70, and the seat cushion is between 50 and 90. The hardness of the foam will not affect the price of the chair, only the density of the foam will affect the price.
(2) For the density requirements between (low) 18 and (high) 50, the density will affect the seat resistance of the chair type:
- The higher the density, the higher the seat resistance rate.
- The lower the density, the lower the seat resistance rate.
If the foam number is 1850, it means the density is 18 and the hardness is 50.
9.3 Molding sponge
There is also a foam (molding sponge): the most high-end foam currently used by our company. Features: Good resilience. Not easy to deform under long-term external force.
Section 10 Iron Frame Products
10.1 Classification of iron frame: seat, back iron frame, head frame, whole chair frame, connecting frame, etc.
10.2 Main application: mesh chair, conference chair, restaurant chair, etc.
10.3 Surface treatment method: electroplating, baking varnish (bright, sprayed, frosted).
Industry Analysis of Ergonomic Chairs In recent years, ergonomic chairs have been known, chosen and purchased by more and more people. In order to solve users’ doubts and misunderstandings about ergonomic
Development Trend of China’s Office Chair Industry Office chair is a kind of seat specially designed for office space. Its main features are comfort, health, durability, beauty and so on.
About Screw Lift Office Chair If you have read our article “The Comparison of the Office Chair Lift : Mechanical Screw, Hydraulic and Gas”, then you must know the screw